After being asked to be a bridesmaid for my cousin’s wedding, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to experiment with different products to create the perfect durable look. The wedding was last week, and having applied the look below, its safe to say it did stand the test of time (14 hours to be precise)! Therefore I thought I would share this look for you to try out yourself.
1. Cleanse and moisturise your face. I personally use the La Roche Posay 3 Step Anti Blemish kit, but anything that eliminates dirt and hydrates your skin is great.
2. Prime prime prime. If you want your makeup look to stand the test of time, use a good primer to prevent the disappearance of your beautiful face. For this look I used the W7 Prime Magic (amazing by the way) and Benefits Porefessional in my problem areas. My makeup ended lasting a solid 14 hours as well, proving a cheap primer can do the job.
3. Most of you probably already know, but to avoid smudging of the under eyes when clearing fall out, it is best to do your eye makeup first. For my eyeshadow, I used the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette as the pinky colours went best with my dress. I used the 8th shade across for my outer corner, then the 5th shade for my main lid, then the lightest shade for my inner corner. To add a tiny bit more pigmentation, I put Starburst from my Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit on the centre of my lid. When it comes to mascara, there is only one choice for me, Urban Decays Perversion. I also use this as a liner – just using a liner brush and excess product on the wand.
4. Apply concealer. I like to add two coats of concealer, before and after foundation for extra coverage. I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 3, and the Nars Creamy Concealer in Caramel to cover nightmare blemishes.
5. Foundation time! I recently bought the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (in Barcelona for anyone that wants to know) and believe me – it certainly lives up to the hype. The coverage is massively build able and although not sheen, it gives a nice dewy coverage. For best results, use a beauty blender. Add more concealer if you need it, I add some more Collection concealer and Rimmels Wake Me Up concealer for my undereyes.
6. To make my face look less like an egg I use the magic that is contour. Due to many rave reviews, I recently bought the Makeup Revolution Iconic Lights and Contour Pro, which is surprisingly pigmented considering the price. I’m one for heavy highlight, subtle contour, so I used the lightest highlight shade right across my cheekbone, cupid’s bow and down my nose. To give my cheeks a rosy glow, I used Starburst from my ABH Glow Kit and Nars Mata Hari blush. I also used the 3rd shade along, the banana colour, to set my undereye concealer. Then, I used the 5th shade along to bronze the hollows of my cheek, and the lighter 7th shade for my jawline, temples sides of my nose.
7. Now for anyone that reads my makeup posts will know that I don’t do much with my lips, but a pink lipstick would look great with this look. I personally just used some Baby Lips and Vaseline, although I had to keep re – applying every couple of hours.
And there we have it! I love this look purely because of its versatility – you can work it in the day, and not have to alter it for the evening. My makeup lasted a solid 14 hours before clinging and fading, so would call this an absolute success! Hope this helps, if you want any more details about the products used, just let me know!