Hey guys! Is it coming to that time of year again, where we want to make the most of a great deal but also save for Christmas? I always love to know the answer to this question: When do you start buying Christmas presents? I normally start in September and spread out the purchasing over several months. Considering that lockdown is a large part of our lives right now, I have compiled several ways of making the most of the Black Friday deals to make the whole process easier. Let’s get into it!
What is Black Friday?
According to Amazon,
“It is said that the term was born to describe the heavy traffic that originated after Thanksgiving when Americans from all parts of the country returned home after having spent the holidays with family members.”
When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday 2020 is celebrated on November 27.
How To Make the Most of The 2020 Black Friday Deals
- Know what you need. Whether it is gifts for others or treats for yourself – have a rough idea of what you are looking to get.
- Plan plan plan! I feel like this is always said and such a damn cliche, but you will not be able to get the best deals if you do not know what is out there. Make a list of every store (within reason of course) and what they are offering this year.
- Find out when the Black Friday Deals start. Some are just for the day, for the weekend, for the week or for the month. Know how much time you have.
- See if the deals can be used in conjunction with other deals – for example, first-time buyer or student discount. This way you could increase your savings.
- On that note, check the companies for which for you have loyalty schemes with and find out whether the rewards can be cashed in alongside the Black Friday Deals.
- Black Friday vs Cyber Monday – usually the latter is for online deals and the first for stores, however, during the current pandemic, times are different – so the internet may become your best friend.
- See if you can bulk order from the same places to save on shipping. Buying from the internet can add up if you are purchasing from many places, so look for sites where you can get multiple items.
- Deliver to loved one’s homes in advance. As Christmas is just around the corner, and for the sake of ease, you could send your Black Friday Deals straight to the door of those intended. It could make for a lovely surprise and save the redirection later.
- Not every deal is a good one. This is so true is some cases, and it is so easy to get swept up by all the discounts. The reality, however – some companies up the price before Black Friday to slash them at this time of year. So make sure that if you buy, get your money’s worth.
- Impulse purchases are great, they really are, but do not buy things you do not need. Times like these are uncertain for sure, and we do not know whether lockdown restrictions will increase – so please do not buy too many unwanted items.
- Enjoy the process. As I said, these are uncertain times, and many of us have not explored the world of internet shopping this much before. But every day is a learning curve so create a new normal – even if it is temporary.
- Support local businesses. Yes, major companies are struggling this year, but so are small independent chains. Support small companies and independent sellers during this time.
- Set a budget. Christmas is expensive, but know how much you can afford to spend beforehand. This stops the whole process getting out of hand.
- Let others know if you have found a deal. Many of us are in the same boat at the moment, so there is no harm letting others know if you have found a Black Friday Deal that could aid another.
Some Black Friday Deals 2020 (According to The Telegraph):
- Amazon – Black Friday Week sale now live, latest savings: 45% on Amazon devices and 30% off video games
- Accessorize – 50% off for Black Friday
- ASOS – extra 15% off sale (70% off already)
- The Body Shop – save 15% for ‘Black November’ with code 14672 and beauty bundles are now live
- Booking.com – 30% off travel sale for 2021 (something to look forward to?)
- Cath Kidston – up to 60% off everything for Black Friday
- Dell – save 12% or 15% with code BLACK12 or BLACK15 on laptops in early access sale
- Emma – 35% off sitewide on award-winning mattresses
- Gtech – Black Friday sale underway with offers on vacuums and garden tools
- Gymshark – up to 30% off for a limited time
- Kurt Geiger – 25% off everything
- Samsung – 25% off smartphones at Amazon (including Samsung Galaxy S20)
- Simba Mattresses – 35% off
- – 50% off Sky TV packages and 30% off Superfast Broadband
- Under Armour – 25% off at Amazon
- Nespresso – 56% off Nespresso coffee machines at Amazon
- Oral-B – save up to 74% on electric toothbrushes
- Philips Sonicare – save up to 64% at Amazon
- Whistles – 25% off full-price items
I hope these tips helped, if you can think of any more, comment them below!