Hey! How is everyone? So.. it was valentines yesterday, making it the perfect time to share my high-end makeup look, for all of those who want to splash out on the international day of romance. I personally didn’t have any plans yesterday, but I definitely do not need a reason to do my makeup, so here we go!
1) After cleansing, toning and moisturising, I turn to primer. For this look I used the Benefit Porefessional (£24.50) , which I have grown to love after months of really disliking. It really does smooth skin allowing an even base to start with.
2) After priming I turn to concealer. To cover up my blemishes and any redness I use the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Caramel (Med/Dark 2) (£22.50). Although the bottle doesn’t last that long, and is quite pricey (£22.50), it is a great formula with lovely packaging.
3) After concealer, I turned to my eyes. I avoided doing my foundation first purely because my eye shadow has so much fallout it makes sense to do it afterwards, when you can actually wipe the excess powder away. For eye shadow I used the Too Faced Natural at Night palette (£29.00), which has been discontinued; however still can be found online.
I used Full Moon from my lashes to brow, Nightcap on my lid, and Cocoa Star on my upper and lower lash line and outer lid. What I love most about this palette is that it tells you which colours to use for the look you are trying to achieve (Night, Classic and Fashion). To accentuate my lash line I used the Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Black Ebony (£19.50) , and for my waterline I used Urban Decay’s 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil (£15.50) in Legend, finishing off with Smashbox’s X Rated Mascara (£19.50).
4) For foundation, I used my holy grail product – Nars Sheer Glow (£31.00) in Barcelona. I have bought this product 3 times now and absolutely love it. 2 pumps is all that is required, followed by some concealer under the eyes to hide any tiredness.
5) Here comes my favourite part, contour. I applied Benefit’s Dallas (£24.50) underneath my cheekbones, jawline and temples. I then used Nars Mata Hari (£23.00) blush on my cheeks, and finished with Anastasia Beverly Hills Gleam Kit (£39.00) , using Starburst on my cheekbones and nose.
6) For anyone that reads my posts, you will know that I am not a lipstick wearer. However, I received the Kylie Jenner Mini Mattes from a friend, which I have come to really like. For this look, I used Leo, but mixed it with a little Vaseline to create a tinted balm.
Did you have any plans for valentines?