Hey! Now, if you’re anything like me, you like to bake from time to time (even when you you are fully aware that it doesn’t taste great most of the time). Well, if you are, occasionally a set of ingredients create an edible product – like I did with these brownies, hence I am sharing it with you; as it must be idiot proof haha.
You will need:
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 200g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 60g plain flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60g chopped almonds / walnuts (optional)
- 1 orange
- Chocolate Chips (Optional)
1) Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4
2) Grease a baking tin – you can either use oil spray or butter / margarine
3) In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (the oil, sugar and vanilla), beat in eggs a little at a time. Once that is once liquid add the juice and zest of the orange.
4) In another bowl, combine your dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt).
5) Then gradually add this mixture to the liquid, folding it together to allow air to stay within the mix, keeping the brownie mixture moist. This is also when you can add additional ingredients – I added a little more orange juice and chocolate chips, but feel free to flavour the brownies however you wish.
6) Spread mixture evenly into the tin, ensuring that it is level but tapping the tin onto your work surface.
7) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, you should be able to tell the brownies are cooked as it separates away from the tin. Let it cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
There we have it, perfect brownies! If you try this recipe out, let me know how it goes 🙂