Hey! Its the most wonderful time of the year (insert bad singing here). I love Christmas as it seems that everyone tries to put their differences aside for the festive season. I wanted to get into the spirit this year through a Christmas Q & A, feel free to answer the following questions in the comments below!
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
Elf, without a doubt. It always gets me into the festive spirit every year.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Once, when I was around 5. As I live in the middle of the country, we get very little snow, and even then it usually disappears within a day, becoming a pool of slush. Nevertheless, I am always chuffed to see snow, especially around Christmas time.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
With my family, we usually keep it really low key and intimate on Christmas day, and see family during the festive week.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
The Pogues – Fairytale of New York. I love how a song full of insults has become so accepted and normal, every time I hear this tune I chuckle a little.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Its a tradition! I am always allowed to open my biggest stocking filler on Christmas Eve.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
I could try but then I would embarrass myself hugely.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Honestly, spending time with my family and friends will be valued more than ever this year. As I am in my first year of university it will be nice to go home and relax with my loved ones.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake, we have had the same one in our household for 10 years now, it has become a staple part of Christmas.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
I love pigs in blankets, they are my favourite part of Christmas dinner. In terms of dessert, I have a huge sweet tooth, but our household tradition is to have a black forest gateaux.
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love giving out presents. Don’t get me wrong, I loved receiving gifts as a child, but as I’ve grown up the giving of presents has become even more rewarding.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
A few years ago, my Dad bought me the brand new Xbox. What I loved about it is that he queued up at 6am to get it on day 1 and purchased games that we could both play together, which really did build a bond between us.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I think it has to be New York. Times Square at Christmas looks amazing.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I would class myself as a wrapping expert. Over the years I add to my collection of wrapping decorations and colour coordinate my presents, I absolutely love wrapping!
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Some people would have a really cite memory to mention, but the first one that comes to mind for me was the time when I choked on a pigs in blanket at the dinner table. Although it was scary (I was only 6) and embarrassing, looking back it was really quite funny.
15. When did you realize the truth about Santa?
It was the precise moment when I wanted to put milk out for Santa and my mum insisted that he is given alcohol as that would keep him warm during the night. That’s when I knew, (my mum can’t keep a straight face when she was lying) that Santa was not real and my Mum had a lovely drink once I had gone to bed.
Hope you all have a great Christmas!