2018 has been the year of reinventing my skincare routine, and Green People’s Organic Young Skincare came at the perfect time. Aimed at providing organic products for teenage skin, this cruelty-free, sensitive skin and beauty brand delivers a cure for problematic skin. I was lucky enough to be able to try these products myself, and these are my thoughts.
The Organic Young Skincare (OY!) range contains ingredients that are beneficial in combatting the issues teenagers may have. These are specific to redness, blemishes and acne.
These ingredients include:
- Prebiotics – Encouraging and supporting the skin’s colony of good bacteria, assisting them in the fight against the bad bacteria which cause acne.
- Tea Tree extract – Containing compounds that have powerful antibacterial properties to control the bacteria that lead to acne formation.
- Green Tea – An anti-inflammatory ingredient which helps to calm the red, sore spots and blemishes associated with acne. Including, it also helps to prevent skin damage from free-radical activity.
- Black Willow Bark – Helps to calm inflammation, helps to fight acne bacteria and exfoliates the skin! Also, this helps to regulate sebum production to balance the skin and reduce oiliness.
- Rosehip oil – Rosehip oil allows the skin to regenerate, helping it to recover from blemishes. It also moisturises, soothes and softens, promoting a healthy skin condition.
The Green People Organic Young skincare range includes:
- A Foamy face wash for acne-prone teenage skin -thoroughly cleansing your pores with this antibacterial face wash. It promotes a blemish-free complexion; containing Willow Bark to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria. Tea Tree extract also helps to control bacteria. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive and acne-prone skin. Cruelty free and approved by the vegan society.
Although it took a while to get used to the foam element (I have used foam face washes before but not to this extent), the packaging allows for the perfect amount to be applied. I have yet to see results, but the face wash does make my skin very clean, reducing the chances of getting acne (which I have noticed). The formula also feels very light and airy which I particularly like as it does not feel as if my pores are being clogged or leaving my face especially dry.
A Natural moisturiser for acne-prone skin with purifying actives, the OY! Clear Skin Moisturiser promotes a spot-free complexion naturally by deeply moisturising, non-greasy and non-comedogenic. Willow Bark & Green Tea reduce inflamed spots and kill bacteria and prebiotics support a healthy skin balance. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Although this moisturiser is a lot runnier than I would have expected, it is very good as its job. Soothing and healing my skin, I wake up every morning with hydrated, redness free skin. This is an absolute blessing as my skin has had months of dry skin outbursts since I have been chemically exfoliating, and a mix of both E45 and the OY! Clear Skin Cleansing Moisturiser has been the perfect combination, bringing back my soft skin.
OY! CLEAR SKIN PURIFYING SERUM
A Daily-use anti-blemish serum to target spots, including ingredients such as Black Willow Bark and Tea Tree which reduce redness and control bacteria, Yucca which deeply cleanses & gently removes dead skin cells and Rosehip oil, encouraging a clear complexion. Rich in plant extracts, this formula is suitable for acne-prone skin.
I have found this serum to massively soothe my skin when using it in conjunction with harsher products. Although a more liquid serum, this product manages to go a long way in calming my skin and reducing dryness. As the formula itself is organic there is no irritation on my skin, which is usually a regular occurrence for myself. Highly recommend this serum.
- All natural
- Light formulas but very effective
- Soothes redness
- Runny Texture
- Smell could be overpowering
Overall: I highly recommend these Organic Young skin care products if you are suffering from redness, blemishes or acne. The organic formulas are perfect for the skin and do not cause any irritation. Plus they are cruelty free, and an organic skincare brand!
For more information or to check out the rest of the range, follow the links below!