Wow! It’s been 9 months since I have written a baking post! I honestly didn’t think it was that long. Well, today I have got a doughnut recipe for you guys – it is quick, easy and there is no yeast and proving involved! So without further ado, let’s get into it!
For This Doughnut Recipe You Will Need:
|210g Flour||150g Sugar||1/4 Teaspoon of Salt||1 Large Egg||1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder|
|1 Tablespoon Oil||62g Powdered Milk / 112ml Milk||1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract||Oil (For Deep Frying)||1 Tablespoon Icing Sugar|
* You can also add toppings and flavourings of your choice.*
- Beat the egg, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla extract into a bowl. You may need the help of an electric whisk.
2. In another bowl, sift the flour and baking powder (and NO yeast), then add the salt.
3. Slowly combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and knead the mixture to form a dough. Adding warm water might make it easier for you to do this.
4. Form balls from the dough, flatten it a bit, and make a hole in the middle with your finger. I personally found that the holes get smaller when fried, so make the hole a bit larger.
5. Fry the doughnuts – about 2 at a time. Make sure the heat is not too hot, otherwise the outside will cook too quickly and the inside will be raw. They take about 2 minutes to cook each.
6. Then decorate to your liking! I used vanilla and cinnamon flavoured sugar with an icing sugar /water mix.
And there we have it, a set of delicious doughnuts, with a simple doughnut recipe! What surprised me is how puffed up they became without the use of yeast. As you can probably tell, a couple are slightly too brown, so I do highly recommend keeping the heat low – medium when it’s time to fry. Hope you enjoy these though!
Inexpensive and Simple Meals
Specialty Pizza at Home – Ultimate Cheeseburger Pizza | Guest Post from Embrace Controlled Chaos
Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe