Hey! I find these sort of posts so useful because content like this paves the way for new products to consider. So here we have it, a guide as to how I do my everyday makeup look.
1. Firstly I apply Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution on my face (£36.00) once I have cleansed as I have hyperpigmentation so I am testing whether this is the wonder cure I have been looking for.
2. After I have applied the Kiehls Serum, I apply a moisturiser, which is the Garnier Pure Active Spot fighting 24hr Moisturiser (£4.99) at the moment. I find this perfect for my combination skin as it is hydrating but not oily whatsoever.
3. Due to my hyperpigmentation, my skin is a lot more reactive to the sun, meaning that I have to wear sun cream, regardless of the weather. At the moment I am using one by Soltan.
4. Next I apply my primer, which is the Rimmel Match Perfection Fix & Perfect Primer (£6.99). I originally bought this as it was on sale, but I have now gone through 3 bottles! I do hope however to upgrade to a higher end primer, but this is definitely a good high street resort.
5. To cover all my imperfections and dark areas I use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in “Caramel” (£22.00). To be honest I didn’t think it would live up to the hype but it definitely has. I will review this in detail in a future post.
6. Now the most important bit; foundation. I have been using the Revlon ColorStay foundation in 320 True Beige (£12.99) for a couple of years now, and it is amazing for the price it is. However I’m now at that stage where I don’t know whether to expand my foundation range or not – comment below what you use and whether it’s any good.
7. For my eyes I use the Lancome Crayon Khol Eye Pencil Liner in 027 Noir (£17.00) which I put on the outer half of my bottom eye lid. I have run this crayon to the bone, so definitely a good buy and a re – purchase for myself.
8. (Just to let you guys know I don’t actually do anything with my eyebrows, I think they’re best untouched on my face, but I’ve heard the collection brow kit is very good if you’re looking). I also don’t use eyeshadow either, due to a mix of execution and the fact that I don’t think it looks right on my face. However I do use the black of the NYC HD Colour Trio Eyeshadow in 797B Gothic Harlem (£2.99) on my outer eyelid to define my eyeliner and the white shade in the inner corner to make my eyes pop.
9. For my eyelashes I use the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (£17). I cannot rave about this mascara enough, IT IS BEAUTIFUL! I will also review this in a future post.
10. For contour, I use the newly released Rimmel London Sculpting Palette in Coral Glow by Kate Moss (£6.99). I usually only use the highlighter and bronzer but when I use the blusher too, everything complements each other amazingly.
11. If I don’t use the Rimmel Blush, I turn for the NARS Mata Hari Blush (£23.00) which is absolutely gorgeous, as you would know if you either have it or have read my post about it.
12. To top this all off I use the Max Factor Creme Puff Pressed Powder in Medium Beige (£6.99) to keep my face in one piece, and my makeup on of course. This is so smooth and it’s been going around for so long, even my Mum used to use it at my age!
13. Personally, I find lipstick too harsh on my face so I use the Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Pink Shock (£2.99) to give my lips some colour and then add the Natural Collection Juicy Lips Gloss in Vanilla (£1.99) to finish everything off.
What are you go-to makeup products?
Evening Makeup Look
Recreating My Old Makeup Look
Makeup Brushes For Beginners
High-end Makeup Look