A spectacle of the western world, showcasing the lives of the rich – Monaco is a must-visit nation. However tiny, there is plenty to see during your Monaco Day Trip, and here is where to start. A 20-minute trip away from Nice, it is very accessible to enter Monaco without daring to book a costly hotel room. The train is also underground, to not ruin the beauty of the city.
Plan Your Monaco Day Trip:
Casino de Monte-Carlo
- Opened in 1863
- Famously associated with James Bond
- Entry is 17 Euros to visit inside – but of course, the outside is free
- Built in 1191
- Today the palace is home to Prince Rainier’s son and successor, Prince Albert II
- Built at the top of a hill – stairs all the way up to the top – careful as the route can get really quite slippery when wet.
- Restored in the 1600s
Saint-Charles Church, Monaco
- Opened in 1883
Grand Prix Track
- Seasonal of course, at the time I went they were still building the stands
- Nearly 100 cars
- Collection began in the 1950s
The wonderful views
*When walking around the streets of Monaco, we found that the streets were really quite densely populated. Roads ran through the centre of the city, with expensive cars wherever you turn. As this city has been built on hills, be careful when walking as routes can have oncoming traffic and steep pathways. Even more tough when it is raining.
Even though the weather was a disappointment, I completely loved my Monaco Day Trip. Have you ever been to Monte Carlo? Would you like to go?